Yesterday the lovely Aisha over at Lipstick & Daydreams nominated me for the Liebster blog award. As I’m still a relatively new blogger it means a lot to me whenever someone tells me they have enjoyed a post or that they like my blog so it’s a big thing that a fellow blogger has recognised my work like this.
If you haven’t heard of it before the Liebster award is a meme like award given to new, up and coming bloggers by their fellow bloggers as a show of support. The great thing about a Liebster Award is- you then get to pay it forward and nominate other bloggers you think write great blogs.
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next.
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination.
11 Facts About Myself
- I’m a knitter and have had some of my own designs published in magazines
- I have more books in my house than there are in your average branch library
- I love dogs and have a red Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Wilma who I adopted when she still a puppy
- My manual wheelchair has power assisted wheels called Alber Twion which enable me to use it with my EDS.
- When I was a kid I was a tom boy and I still love science, finding out how things work and fast cars
- I follow Formula One and my favourite drivers are Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button
- I really hate doing waxing on people! It makes me overheat and triggers my PoTS
- I enjoy learning new things be it a new fact or a new skill
- I’ve always been very creative and enjoyed arts and crafts of all kinds, knitting, sewing, beads, drawing, painting – you name it there’s likely something for it in my craft box!
- I can be very blunt and to the point which I don’t think people always like!
- Lipstick is my weakness.
Questions Set by Aisha of Lipstick & Daydreams
- What do you like best about the town you live in?
Everyone in Bolton is just so friendly! People say ‘hello’ to you and offer to help you when you need it.
- What’s your favourite food?
I have to eat carefully in order to manage my gastro symptoms but I love all sorts of foods. Caribbean and Mexican flavours are my favourites, I love Haitian griyot, I love Mexican moles and tamales, Jamaican curry goat and ackee with salt cod.
- What’s you biggest insecurity?
My skin, I have terrible skin as a result of my medication. Yay for good foundation and concealer! It does mean that I am very discerning when it comes to concealer. A lot of the time people will be raving about a new concealer but they are usually people who really don’t need to conceal anything, good concealer is rare stuff especially for those of us on the ends of the shade scale.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I would love to be working at least part time as a freelance make-up artist, disability allowing!
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Sharing my love of beauty products, my beauty therapy and science enthusiasm but most importantly getting feedback on my posts.
- What do you dislike most about blogging?
Feeling like I need to be on Twitter to be successful. I really don’t like it sorry!
- What advice would you give to those considering starting a new blog?
Do several searches to check whether anyone is already using the name you’ve chosen or the matching #hashtag.
- Who inspires you the most in life?
Gosh that’s a hard one! I’ve always been the sort of person to go my own way, do my own thing and not really hero worship anyone or worry about what anyone else is doing. I take my inspiration from all kinds of different sources and imagery. Women I admire include musician and civil rights activist Nina Simone, make-up artist Lisa Eldridge, YouTube vlogger Jordan Bone and
- What do you do last thing at night before you go to sleep?
Skincare. Every day, I use a toner, serum and night cream. I keep a supply of skincare items in my bedside cabinet as well as on my make-up table as I never know when I’m going to have ‘one of those days’ where my body doesn’t want to co-operate.
- Where in the world would you most like to travel to and why?
Oh I have a huge list of places I want to go to! Most like to go I think would be Egypt to see the pyramids, tombs and Cairo museum as I have been obsessed with anything to do with ancient Egypt since I was a child and we covered Egypt at primary school. I won’t be taking any camel rides though!
- What’s your hidden talent?
There’s no part of my back I can’t reach in order to scratch!
Questions for My Nominees
- Which famous women do you admire and why?
- What do you do for inspiration when you have writers block?
- Cat person or dog person?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favourite craft or hobby (other than blogging)?
- What make-up counter do you always gravitate towards in a department store and why?
- What are your favourite sweets/chocolate?
- Name a hyped product that you didn’t like.
- What would be your dream career?
- What is your favourite lipstick?
- What advice would you give new bloggers about sticking it out?
Pass on the award and share the blog-love!